Sunday, June 7, 2015

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun: Best Discovery in May

I wasn't sure if Randy Seaver was going to post a Saturday Night Genealogy Fun challenge this week, as he's having so much fun at Jamboree, but he managed to squeeze in the time for one.

1)  I am away at the SCGS genealogy Jamboree this weekend, having too much fun (I hope!).

2)  What was your best genealogy research "find" in May 2015?  It could be a record, it could be a photograph, etc.  Whatever you judge to be your "best."

3)  Tell us about it in a blog post of your own, or in a comment to this blog post, or in a Facebook or google+ post.

There's no question my best find in May for my family research was the online index to deaths published in the Belvidere (New Jersey) Apollo/Intelligencer, hosted at the Warren County Library.  I found listings for my great-great-grandfather Cornelius Godshalk Sellers, third-great-grandfather Franklin P. Sellers (two obituaries!), third-great-grandmother Rachel G. Sellers, Franklin Sellers' brother Dr. Tobias Sellers, and five more relatives.  Not only that, the library doesn't charge for copies of the obituaries!

** genealogy happy dance **

I plan to post about the information I learn from the obituaries after I receive the copies from the library.  Oh, I hate to wait . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to everyone, particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.