Sunday, June 21, 2015

Father's Day: Siblings and Children

This year for Father's Day I wanted to show a photograph of my father with his father, but I ran into a problem very quickly:  I don't have any.  I don't know if that was accidental or deliberate, but with all the photos I have, not a single one shows my father and grandfather together.  Admittedly, my grandfather was apparently the semiofficial photographer for the Sellers family, because he is in very few photos himself, maybe only half a dozen.  But it still seems a little odd.

What I do have, however, are photos of my father with his sister (half-sister, actually) from his mother, with all three sisters (half-sisters) from his father, and with all four of his children.

Lynn, sister Ruth, and niece Ruth Anne, Easter, circa 1942

Dottie, Carol, Lynn, and Mildred, 2009

Janice, Laurie, Lynn, Mark, and Stacy, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to everyone, particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.