One of the activities of IJGM is a competition to design the poster/flyer that will be used to announce and publicize the event. The poster should celebrate Jewish genealogy and help promote the hobby.
This year the poster competition started earlier than usual (Wednesday, January 15) and has an earlier deadline, Wednesday, April 30, 2014. The winning entry will be announced and unveiled publicly at this year's IAJGS Conference on Jewish Genealogy, to be held in Salt Lake City from July 27–August 1, 2014. The winning artist will receive free registration to the conference. The winning flyer/poster will be available on the IAJGS Web site to all who wish to use it.
These are the details for the poster competition:
Poster/Flyer Design Requirements
• Size: tabloid (11" x 17")
• Bleeds and no bleeds are acceptable
• Reproducible in JPEG, TIF, and PNG formats
• A 3.5" x 3.5" area for the IAJGS logo and the URL "www.iajgs.org"
• A 3" x 5" blank area for local society name and contact information
• The words "International Jewish Genealogy Month: Cheshvan" plus the Hebrew and civil dates for the year
• The words "Submitted by [name of IAJGS member society]"
• The artist's signature/name
Facebook Design Requirements
The main poster image must be capable of being adapted for use on the IAJGS Jewish Genealogy Facebook page.
Facebook Page Cover Image
The cover image must be at least 851 pixels wide and 315 pixels tall, otherwise it will be stretched to this size. It also must be less than 100 kb.
Facebook Event Cover Image
The Event Cover image graphic must be 714 pixels wide and 264 pixels tall. The image is cropped in thumbnail mode to the top center 176 pixels tall and 264 pixels wide.
Facebook Profile Image
Page profile pictures are square and display at 160 x 160 pixels on our page. The image must be at least 180 x 180 pixels and must be a square image.
Who May Submit an Entry
• Only IAJGS member organizations may submit entries.
• An organization may submit more than one entry.
• The poster creator is not required to be a member of an IAJGS member organization. A creator who is not a member needs to have a member organization sponsor the entry.
• There is no age requirement for the creator.
• Each entry must be accompanied by the form on the IJGM Web page (see below).
• Entries will not be returned.
Judging will be done solely by the International Jewish Genealogy Month committee.
• The deadline for the 2014 contest is April 30, 2014.
• Each entry must be submitted as a JPG or PDF file via e-mail attachment to Secretary@iajgs.org.
• The required application information or completed application form and release form (available on the IJGM page) must be included with each entry.
• You may include artist comments about the poster (optional).
• If no entries are received by the deadline or no entries are judged to be appropriate, the committee will solicit further entries.