Sunday, September 8, 2013

I've added pages to my blog!

So before this past Friday, I didn't even know what pages were on a blog.  But I attended Dear Myrtle's "More Blogging for Beginners" Webinar (viewable online for free until September 14; you can also buy your very own copy of it) and learned how to create them.  (Hey, I've only had a blog for a couple of years; as far as I'm concerned, I'm still very much a beginner.)  If you look up at the top of the page, just under the paragraph talking about how genealogy is a big jigsaw puzzle, you'll see tabs for "Genealogy Presentations" and "Who Do You Think You Are?"  "Genealogy Presentations" shows my scheduled talks and also has a list of all the presentations I have available.  "Who Do You Think You Are?" has links to all of my posts about the program.  I hope this little bit of "added functionality" makes it easier to find some things on my site.

2 comments:

  1. Your pages look great! I attended the same webinar and wondered if I should add pages, too. I thought I'd have pages for different family lines, but decided instead to change my labels to only surnames. So, still no pages yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Lisa! I'm thinking about adding pages for my family research also. Still have to figure out how I want to set it up. On the other hand, the nice thing about the Web is that if you don't like it you can change it or delete it!

    ReplyDelete

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to everyone, particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.